Approximately one third (32.9%) of individuals with an intellectual and/or developmental disability also struggle with behavioral health.*
NorthPointe recognizes the difficulties that individuals face and our staff works to balance care and independence for a successful and fulfilled life.
Individuals will receive additional support to help better understand their emotions, thoughts, and experiences. With increased opportunities and resources individuals will develop a supportive network to help guide them towards achievement.
* National Core Indicators Adult Consumer Survey 2011–12 Final Report (2013). National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services and the Human Services Research Institute. Retrieved from www.nationalcoreindicators.org
Personalized support helps to:
- Develop methods of overcoming everyday stress
- Expand self-awareness and self-advocacy in the community and at home
- Access treatment for recovery
- Engage meaningfully in the community
- Communicate regarding personal emotions and experiences